26 Apr 2013
2013 Annual General Meeting of the Company
The Annual General Meeting ("AGM") of China Everbright International Limited ("the Company") was held at Oasis Room, 8th Floor, Renaissance Harbour View Hotel, Wanchai, Hong Kong on 26 April 2013. The directors who attended the AGM included executive directors, namely Mr. Zang Qiutao (Vice-chairman), Mr. Chen Xiaoping (Chief Executive Officer), Mr. Wang Tianyi (General Manager), Mr. Raymond Wong Kam Chung (Chief Financial Officer) and Mr. Cai Shuguang (Deputy General Manager); independent non-executive directors, Mr. Philip Fan Yan Hok, Mr. Selwyn Mar and Mr. Zhai Haitao, as well as Mr. Simon Lee of KPMG, the auditors of the Company.
In the AGM, the following resolutions were passed by the shareholders of the Company:
- adoption of the audited financial statements and the report of the directors and independent auditor's report of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2012;
- declaration of a final dividend of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2012 of HK3.0 cents per share;
- re-election of directors of the Company, namely, Mr. Chen Xiaoping, Mr. Wang Tianyi, Mr. Cai Shuguang, Mr. Philip Fan Yan Hok and Mr. Zhai Haitao; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the directors' remuneration for the year ending 31 December 2013;
- re-appointment of KMPG as auditors of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the remuneration of auditors; and
- approval of matters involving general mandates to issue new shares and repurchase shares.