25 Apr 2008
2008 Annual General Meeting of the Company
The Annual General Meeting ("AGM") of China Everbright International Limited ("the Company") was held at Concord Rooms 2-3, 8th Floor, Renaissance Harbour View Hotel, Wanchai, Hong Kong on 25 April 2008. The directors who attended the AGM including executive directors, namely Mr. Tang Shuangning (Chairman), Mr. Chen Xiaoping (Chief Executive Officer), Mr. Philip Fan Yan Hok (General Manager), Mr. Raymond Wong Kam Chung (Chief Financial Officer) and Ms. Zhang Weiyun, and independent non-executive directors, namely Sir David Akers-Jones, Mr. Aubrey Li Kwok Sing and Mr. Selwyn Mar, as well as Ms. Melissa Wu of KPMG, the auditors of the Company.
In the AGM, the following resolutions were passed by the shareholders of the Company :
- adoption of the audited financial statements and the report of the directors and independent auditor's report of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2007;
- declaration of a final dividend of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2007 of HK1 cent per share;
- re-election of directors of the Company, namely, Mr. Tang Shuangning, Mr. Zang Qiutao, Mr. Philip Fan Yan Hok, Mr. Aubrey Li Kwok Sing and Mr. Selwyn Mar; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the directors' remuneration for the year ending 31 December 2008;
- re-appointment of KMPG as auditors of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the remuneration of auditors; and
- approval of matters involving general mandates to issue new shares and repurchase shares.