17 May 2016
2016 Annual General Meeting
17 May 2016, Hong Kong - The Annual General Meeting (the "AGM") of China Everbright International Limited (the "Company") was held at Taishan Room, Level 5, Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong, Two Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road, Central, Hong Kong on 17 May 2016. The directors who attended the AGM included executive directors, namely Mr. Chen Xiaoping (Chief Executive Officer), Mr. Wang Tianyi (General Manager), Mr. Wong Kam Chung, Raymond (Chief Financial Officer) and Mr. Cai Shuguang (Deputy General Manager); independent non-executive directors, namely Mr. Mar Selwyn, Mr. Li Kwok Sing, Aubrey and Mr. Zhai Haitao, as well as Mr. Simon Lee representing KPMG, the auditors of the Company.
In the AGM, the following resolutions were passed by the shareholders of the Company:
- adoption of the audited financial statements and the report of the directors and independent auditor's report for the year ended 31 December 2015;
- declaration of a final dividend of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2015 of HK12.0 cents per share;
- re-election of directors of the Company, namely Mr. Chen Xiaoping, Mr. Fan Yan Hok, Philip, Mr. Mar Selwyn and Mr. Li Kwok Sing, Aubrey; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the directors' remuneration for the year ending 31 December 2016;
- appointment of Ernst & Young as the auditors of the Company in place of the retiring auditors, KPMG, to hold office until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the remuneration of auditors; and
- grant of general mandates to the board of directors of the Company to issue additional shares and buy back shares, and extension of the general mandate to issue additional shares.