24 May 2017
2017 Annual General Meeting
24 May 2017, Hong Kong - The Annual General Meeting (the "AGM") of China Everbright International Limited (the "Company") was held at Island Ballroom, Level 5, Island Shangri-La, Hong Kong, Pacific Place, Supreme Court Road, Central, Hong Kong on 24 May 2017. The directors who attended the AGM included executive directors, namely Mr. Cai Yunge (Chairman), Mr. Chen Xiaoping (Chief Executive Officer), Mr. Wang Tianyi (General Manager), Mr. Wong Kam Chung, Raymond (Chief Financial Officer) and Mr. Cai Shuguang (Deputy General Manager); independent non-executive directors, namely Mr. Fan Yan Hok, Philip, Mr. Mar Selwyn and Mr. Li Kwok Sing, Aubrey, as well as Mr. Jacky Lai representing Ernst & Young, the auditors of the Company.
In the AGM, the following resolutions were passed by the shareholders of the Company:
- adoption of the audited financial statements and the report of the directors and independent auditor's report for the year ended 31 December 2016;
- declaration of a final dividend of HK13.0 cents per share for the year ended 31 December 2016;
- re-election of directors of the Company, namely Mr. Cai Yunge, Mr. Wang Tianyi, Mr. Cai Shuguang, Mr. Tang Shuangning and Mr. Zhai Haitao; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the directors' remuneration for the year ending 31 December 2017;
- re-appoint Ernst & Young as auditors and to authorize the board of directors of the Company to fix their remuneration; and
- grant of general mandates to the board of directors of the Company to issue additional shares and buy back shares, and extension of the general mandate to issue additional shares.