12 May 2010
2010 Annual General Meeting of the Company
The Annual General Meeting ("AGM") of China Everbright International Limited ("the Company") was held at Oasis Room, 8th Floor, Renaissance Harbour View Hotel, Wanchai, Hong Kong on 12 May 2010. The directors who attended the AGM included executive directors, namely Mr. Tang Shuangning (Chairman), Mr. Chen Xiaoping (Chief Executive Officer), Mr. Wang Tianyi (General Manager) and Mr. Raymond Wong Kam Chung (Chief Financial Officer); a non-executive director, Mr. Philip Fan Yan Hok; and independent non-executive directors, namely Sir David Akers-Jones, Mr. Aubrey Li Kwok Sing and Mr. Selwyn Mar, as well as Mr. Simon Lee of KPMG, the auditors of the Company.
In the AGM, the following resolutions were passed by the shareholders of the Company :
- adoption of the audited financial statements and the report of the directors and independent auditor's report of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2009;
- declaration of a final dividend of the Company for the year ended 31 December 2009 of HK1.2 cents per share;
- re-election of directors of the Company, namely, Mr. Wang Tianyi, Mr. Philip Fan Yan Hok, Sir David Akers-Jones, Mr. Aubrey Li Kwok Sing and Mr. Selwyn Mar; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the directors' remuneration for the year ending 31 December 2010;
- re-appointment of KMPG as auditors of the Company to hold office until the conclusion of the next annual general meeting; and the authorization given to the board of directors of the Company to fix the remuneration of auditors; and
- approval of matters involving general mandates to issue new shares and repurchase shares.